White Chicken Chili is a favorite in our house, especially when it is cold outside. I have always used the same recipe (we love it and I highly recommend it) but I found something even EASIER that can be thrown together super fast. This recipe is husband and toddler approved, which for me is a total WIN!
All you need is Canterbury Naturals All Natural White Chicken Chili Soup Mix (I also found it in the soup section at Kroger), Chicken Broth or Stock and some boneless, skinless chicken. For those of you who like some kick to your food you can add green chilies. I have linked all of the ingredients below for those of you who shop Amazon.
Here are the instruction found on the bag:
1. Rinse and pick through beans. Combine beans and water in a stock pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Add remaining contents of soup mix, chicken stock and green chilies (if using) in pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add chicken and cook an additional 10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly (Note: If using prepared chicken add during the last 10 minutes of cook time). Tip: Finish with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of fresh lime.
3-1/2 cups water
2-1/2 cups chicken stock
2 uncooked chicken breasts
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies (optional).
1. Rinse and pick through beans.
2. Combine beans, water, chicken stock and chicken in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, until beans are tender.
3. Thirty minutes prior to the end of cooking time, remove the chicken from the soup and cool for 5 minutes. Shred chicken with a fork, seasoning packet and green chilies (if using), cover and cook for the remaining 30 minutes.